Friday, October 22, 2010

Catching Up With Technology

I spent today catching up with technology. I added a podcast page to my web site, set up a channel on You Tube (CraigASatterlee), and began fussing with a flip camera. It was a fun day and, with making espresso, a relaxing one at that. I am reminded of something my seminary president and mentor, Fred Meuser, once told me. He said stress relief does not come from sitting and doing nothing. Stress relief comes from getting so immersed in something other than your work that you forget about it. That's the kind of day I had today. It was a real sabbatical day! I am also proud of myself because my choice NOT to teach preaching online is increasingly pedagogical and not because I wouldn't know how to do it. I wonder, would you want a pastor who took his or her preaching class online My parishioners say that, if we ever go that route, this should be noted on the pastor's paperwork.

No comments: